Monday, 31 October 2011

Pumpkin Carving Time!

 Hi everyone! It's Halloween again, which means it's pumpkin carving time. Today I'm going to show you how to do that - carve a pumpkin. It's pretty simple so I haven't included tons of pictures of me actually doing it. 
 Ok, first take your pumpkin. I got a mini one from Waitrose, and though it was small it wasn't any harder to carve!

Next, with stabbing movements tilting slightly inwards, chop around the core, big enough so you can easily get the pumpkin guts out.

Then get all the guts out of the pumpkin so that the wall of it is about 1 inch thick. This will make the carving easier. After that, draw your design on in permanent marker or thick pen and carve around it, being careful to carve away from yourself! I went for a simple design as it was my first time, but I was very happy with it. Feel free to link me to any of your posts featuring your pumpkins!

2 comments:

  1. These look awesome! I wish we got into halloween more in australia!

    I think you'll like my blog.

    Want to follow each other?

    http://sophlife.blogspot.com/

    Xox Soph

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig