Saturday, 22 September 2012

Week In Photos #9

Yay, I finally have enough pictures to make up a week in photos!










01 + 02 - Ever since I saw Jennie's post, I knew I wanted to try and make a rainbow cake, and today I finally did! I don't have two circular tins that are the same size though, so I used a rectangle one instead. I didn't actually end up using the same recipe as her either, I just used a basic vanilla sponge recipe and then coloured it. For the icing, I just made a buttercream and added melted chocolate and chocolate spread. I'm pretty impressed with how it turned out, what do you think?

03 - I had my first ever pointe lesson this week. Oh. My. Days. For those of you who don't know what pointe is, it's like ballet except the shoes have hard bits at the end, so you can go up fully onto your toes. It hurt so much, and I'm not very good at the moment, but hopefully I'll improve!
04 - Gosh, I've been so busy since going back to school. I've been doing my ISA's in science (I'm sure most of you will know what they are), and have had lots of other homework too. I'm so glad it's the weekend!

Anyway, that's it. I know it's not as much as usual but I thought it was better than nothing. Also, don't forget to enter my giveaway, as it ends tomorrow!

See you in my next post. Byeee!

10 comments:

  1. The cake looks really good, and I used to take ballet when I was like 8 haha and I tried the pointe shoes and my goodness they hurt so bad so I didn't bother continuing. But I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowow that cake looks amazing, really craving something sweet now! :P

    Now following you!

    Please check out my blog if you can, thank you! :)

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks delicious! I can relate to doing ISAs in Science too- good luck! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the rainbow cake looks so yummy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ballet! I've been doing since I was about 3!
    I'm your latest follower, hope you could check my blog out too? I'm still fairly new to the blogging world - My first month was a week ago! YAY!
    I'm just loving it, and it would be great if you could follow back too- By the way I love your blog, its so cuttttteeee!
    Thanks!
    Blondie X

    http://blondiesstylefix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum that cake looks great! i wish i could bake..

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! your cake looks amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. great photos

    www.thestyleshedblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love week in photo posts! That cake looks so yummy! :) Katherine xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig