Sunday, 10 March 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

Rimmel's Wake Me Up range has been a hit ever since it came out in stores. Unfortunately, the foundation brokeme out quite a bit, so I had to stop using that! You may be thinking it was a bit risky to pick up the concealer if the foundation broke me out, but I desperately needed a new concealer so I went for this one. 
Before using this, I actually had another break out, which I'm pretty sure was down to stress from getting my latest GCSE results, or even my upcoming exams themselves.
This does a great job of covering up blemishes as well as under eye bags. Like the foundation, it has a slight shimmer to it, but this isn't noticeable and just adds to the dewy effect.
It has a doe foot applicator, which is fine and standard for most concealers, though my favourite type is probably one in a pot.
Colour wise, I always seem to pick a concealer that's too dark for me so I opted for the lightest colour they offered - ivory. It's a great match for me, and if you're having trouble picking a shade - I'd always go for the lighter one.
I'm going to try and not use this too much so my skin can breath and to make sure this concealer doesn't have the same effect on me as the foundation did.
Overall, I really love it though and would recommend it for sure!

Also, you've probably heard a ton of bloggers talk about the Company Blog Awards, and I decided to give it a go. I highly doubt I'll get anywhere but if you do read my blog and enjoy it, it would mean a lot to me if you would nominate me for 'Best Teen Blog' here. Thank you so much!

11 comments:

  1. I want to give this a try now because I really like the foundation! Good luck for your upcoming exams :) xx

    http://rosee-petals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a really lovely concealer, I really want to try it! xxx
    http://unstitchedd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my go-to concealer, I think it's great in covering up the bags under my eyes (after either a late night out or too much studying!) Or the odd spot. Like you when I tried the foundation it didn't seem to work for me however the concealer as proven itself as a worthy purchase!
    Hope your exams go well, good luck!
    ~ Liv x
    paperclipsandpotatochips.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, have voted for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow at age 15 you manage to blog already?
    Inspiring!
    You do have a great blog and Im following you now.
    Rimmel is one of the brands that I am dying to try.
    I hope they are available here in the Philippines.
    ♡,
    Riza of Pour L'Instant

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds lovely, I've been wondering about this for a while now xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow... nice combinations... love your blog as well
    regards from Tbilisi
    TUCLEAR.COM

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig