Tuesday, 14 May 2013

How I'm Getting Healthy #1 - Eating Clean and Taking Up Running!

Today is a very different post, because it's all about how I'm getting healthy this summer. I say this summer because my GCSE's don't finish for a couple of weeks and I'm super busy, so I can't start right away.
For a while I've been thinking about taking up running. It all started when I realised that, contrary to what I'd thought for years, I don't actually hate exercise - it was only PE lessons at school that had made me think I did. The teachers made us run around tracks, do bleep tests, 12 minute runs - and none of these were fun, and all were very pressured. When I took away the pressure, I realised that I quite liked exercising! Since they made zumba lessons available at school, and I've gotten back into swimming, I've actually been enjoying getting fit and, since then, I've decided I'd quite like to start running. Don't get me wrong, I'm awful at it, but in time I hope to get better. I don't have anyone to run with either, so it's going to take motivation, but I'm really excited about starting!

Eating is just as important as exercise when it comes to being healthy. Personally, I've never been one to eat much fruit and vegetables, so this is probably going to be the hardest part for me. I'm not cutting out bad stuff entirely, but I'd like to get into some healthier habits and snacking on fruits instead of crisps. I get most of my 5-a-day from juices, which definitely isn't ideal, so I definitely want to change that (as delicious as juices are). If any of you have recipe ideas, or posts, leave them down below as I'd love to see!
This is going to be a regular series on my blog now, so I can update you with how I'm getting on. Like I said, it won't start until my exam stress is out of the way, but after that I hope to do some more posts on how I'm getting healthy - for instance, a workout clothes haul! If you want to join in and start a series like this, feel free - and be sure to link them in the comments!

12 comments:

  1. Do you make your own juices to get your 5 day? I'd love to see a post on that!

    Great post! I think that if it's something you want to start, you would start immediately, not wait till a quieter time. Running will help with the stress of exams x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't at the moment, but I definitely want to try, so you never know - I may end up doing a post on it! ;)

      Delete
  2. Read my marathon post to get you in the running mood... I now have running bug! very addictive

    Danielle x

    http://dazzlingdialogue.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to start doing this after my exams are over as well! Now I have a little doggy to keep my company as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an inspiring post, I definitely want to do this as well!
    - katarina xxxx
    scribblesandsparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to start but I have a big bust so it begins to really hurt my back after a while. But I'm really looking at loosing any excess weight. I'm curvy so I don't want to loose tons maybe a few pounds or just to change any fat into muscle. I'd love tips? If anyone see's this and has the same problems, feel free to email me on shanxmurray@hotmail.com and we can come up with some tips and maybe do like a blog post on it for big busted people haha. I'd love to take up running. I need to make like a regime full of excersize and then leave gaps for revision to add when needed! Lovely post, it's made me inspired. I think updates would keep everyone motivated and want to go for a quick run themselves, I know it would me!

    shanmurray.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww nice one, well done on running!! I hate it but love a good bit of excercise...still can't run though :p

    hollyamberrio.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sophie, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck with your exams! I have mine too, they don't finish until June 14th :( And it's so good that you're going to get fit. I probably should too... This was a great post! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post has really inspired me to get my butt back to the gym :)

    elrbx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I had this motivation! I enjoy laying in my bed and eating chocolate too much! :-D. Good luck with your exams and getting fit :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree that I hated PE lessons and not exercise! It's strange because I'd dreaded PE lessons for so many years, yet once I finished my GCSE's and started Sixth Form I did my own exercise and enjoyed it!

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig