Friday, 31 May 2013

My Favourite Healthy Snacks - How I'm Getting Healthy #2

You all really seemed to like my first post in my How I'm Getting Healthy series, and so I thought I'd also show you my favourite healthy snacks as part of it.

My favourite nuts to eat are pistachios - they're delicious! I used to get roasted and salted but I decided to get unsalted instead to be more healthy. I also like cashews but these are quite high in natural fat, so I don't tend to eat as many of those now.

I also really like to snack on edamame. I first tried them at Wagamama's, and thought they were alright, but I probably prefer them dried like this. They're not expensive or anything either so I'd definitely recommend them!

I'm not a big eater of fruit or vegetables (bad, I know), as I was never really forced to eat them as a child and so my taste buds aren't that used to them. However, I do really like apples. It took a while of eating them to like them, but now I love eating them with either cheese or peanut butter. Yum!

I only just bought this popcorn, but I thought I'd include it anyway. Popcorn is usually thought of as unhealthy but that's mainly because it's had flavourings like salt and sugar added. Made yourself and left plain, or with a tiny bit of seasoning, it's not bad at all and it's so yummy.

Another new thing to me is the Food Doctor Chipotle Chilli. It contains brown rice, seeds, beans and almonds and lots of chilli flavouring! I love a bit of chilli and so this is perfect for me. I really like it, even all the beans and things!

Lastly, I picked up this Pistachio Nut Bar that I saw in the 'foreign' aisle of Tesco. It's basically pistachios and sugar, so perhaps not the healthiest of options but I still think it's better than the chocolate breakfast bars or cereal.

I'm really enjoying this series, and am thinking of doing more posts like my favourite healthy meals, my favourite healthy drinks and a workout haul!

What are your favourite healthy snacks?

8 comments:

  1. I think popcorn is really good - if you get the big bags they're quite low in calorie and really fill you up! Hadn't considered apples with cheese, that's a good idea!

    Cate xxx

    100 Follower Giveaway: Essie, Urban Decay, Soap & Glory, Lush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love popcorn, you can get them in small bags in places like Pret A Manger and there so low in calories!

    check out my blog: www.lydiacurtis.blogspot.co.uk

    lydia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I didn't know that! I might try them. :) x

      Delete
  3. You could try dried pineapple it's amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute blog! That looks delicious. I tend to eat a lot of veggies with dip. :)
    Follow me via GFC and I'll follow you, doll. <3
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I LOVE pistachios sooooo much, the are the yummiest nuts! <3 I actually now need to go and have some haha! :)

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig