Thursday, 13 June 2013

Double Bourjois Review - Healthy Mix Serum and Cream Blush

The other week I picked up two Bourjois products - the Healthy Mix Serum and the Cream Blush. I've never actually tried Bourjois before even though I've wanted to, so I was excited to review these.
Like I said, the first thing I bought was the Healthy Mix Serum. This has been raved about a lot by bloggers, and as someone who switches up their foundation a lot I was excited to see if this was anything to write home about. I ended up getting the shade Vanille, the second lightest shade - I was stuck between this and the lightest shade, however I picked this because I thought I might get darker in the summer. It actually turned out to be a pretty perfect match anyway! I'd say the coverage is light to medium, but buildable, so it's great for the summer but probably isn't for you if you like high coverage foundations. It's longevity is also pretty good, on me it lasts all day providing I set it with powder. Overall, I've really enjoyed using it and definitely think it's worth the hype.

The other thing I picked up was their new Cream Blush in the shade 02 Healthy Glow. This is a pretty pinky peach shade that is quite light and subtle on the cheeks but can be built up for a brighter look. When swatched with the fingers it's very creamy to the touch, but on the cheeks it turns powdery so it's definitely more of a cream to powder finish, which I really like. They have a few other shades and I really want to pick more up. The only thing I could complain about is the size, as they're tiny! But I don't really mind as I tend to go through cream blushes quite slowly anyway.

In general, I love both of these products and it's definitely left me wanting to try more of Bourjois' products.

What are your favourite Bourjois make-up items?

12 comments:

  1. I adore the bronzing primer. You can't get it everywhere for some reason, but if you see it, pick it up - it gives the most gorgeous subtle tan, and works as a primer - amazing!
    xxx


    100 Follower Giveaway: Essie, Urban Decay, Soap & Glory, Lush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Healthy Mix Serum for summer, just feels so much lighter on the skin! I use a Max Factor cream blush but will probably end up getting a Bourjois one just because the shades look so pretty! Great post :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their foundations, I really want to try the serums though! xxx
    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, I personally prefer them! :) x

      Delete
  4. I love this foundation!
    Great post :)

    I'd love it if you could check out mine & maybe follow :)

    xx

    www.lydiacurtis.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried bourjois but I really want to try some of their products as appparantly they're comparable to chanel because they're owned by the same company!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not really tried many Bourjois products before either and have been tempted to try this foundation for a while but keep um-ing and ah-ing as I'm not sure if it would have enough coverage for me. Might be a good time to try it now though, as I don't tend to wear as much foundation over the summer :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've wanted to try out this cream blush every since I saw it on one of the blogs but I can't find it in the shops. This blush has so many pretty shades :)

    NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig