Saturday, 22 June 2013

Prom - Dress, Shoes & Make-up

I've been looking forward to my prom for so long now, and the yesterday it finally happened! It went by so quickly, and I'm sad it's over, but I really enjoyed myself and had a great time.
My dress is from a little boutique type shop near where I live, and I was really drawn to the pretty colour. I also really like the jewel detailing on the straps and the band across the middle. 

For shoes, I picked up some gorgeous silver sparkly heels from New Look. I went for quite small heels as I'm not used to wearing them and I didn't want to be in pain all evening. I also had my hair curled at the hairdressers in the afternoon, and they did drop out quite a bit but I liked the natural wavy effect I was left with. As for my make-up, I used up my Estee Lauder DW sample that I saved, with a bit of Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum over the top. I also used the Wet and Wild Walking On Eggshells palette for my eyes.
My clutch bag was bought online here - it took me absolutely ages to find one that I liked, but in the end I was really happy with it, it was the perfect size and came with a long strap too. For my nails, I painted them using MUA's All Nude - a pretty white colour.

The night was really fun - it mainly involved taking lots of photos and eating a bit of food, but I loved it and seeing everyone's dresses was amazing. Afterwards, we went back to a friend's house to get changed and then headed to after prom. It was crazy, but so so fun and even though I didn't stay the whole night, I enjoyed myself so much.

What did you wear to your prom?

19 comments:

  1. You look amazing, I hope you had fun! xxx

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing :) Love your dress!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so stunning! Love the dress!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great! love the dress color xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look stunning! and I love the dress! x
    Eden xx midnightr-ose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soph you look stunning!! Hope you had a great night, I'm in love with you dress too!

    Imogen <3
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing, love the colour of the dress. Hope you had a lovely night :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look absolutely stunning sophie, your dress is gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look lovely! That colour suits you so much! x
    http://allurescent.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That colour makes your eyes look really pretty! My prom is in a few weeks and I am so excited!

    laurenandetc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look gorgeous! Love the your dress, gorgeous colour!

    http://facebeforelace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These photos are lovely, looked like you had a greT time, Loved your dress!

    Beth May Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww you look lovely :) your dress is a gorgeous colour, glad you had a nice time :D

    Holly Mixtures

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely prom dress, gorgeous colour too! I didn't actually go to my prom as it wasn't a big thing when I was at school!

    Ria x
    NatuRiaBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dress is beautiful! Love the colour :) beccalouisa.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig