Friday, 26 July 2013

A Week In Greece

View from the plane / chilling in my rubber ring / tanning / stray kitty / our local beach / ootd #1 / about nine stray cats in the feeding area / white houses in lindos / view from the acropolis / selfie / amazing ceramics shop / doughnut on the beach / ootd #2 / my first chocolate souffle / ootd #3.

As I've mentioned quite a lot, I recently spent a week in Greece (Rhodes to be precise), and so I thought - why not dedicate a whole post to it? 

Unfortunately both flights there and back were delayed - going there the conveyor belts were broken so we had to dump our cases in the middle of the airport (which didn't feel like the safest thing ever), but luckily nothing was lost. To top it all off, we also had screaming kids in front of us on the plane, which drove us crazy! On the way back, I think it was something to do with a strike that meant we were delayed, but in general it was a much more pleasant flight and the crew were so lovely!

It was super hot whilst we were there - around the 40 degrees mark - and we spent most days by the beach and sometimes by the pool. We also went to Lindos for one evening, where there was an amazing market! My favourite shop sold cute ceramics, and I ended up buying a pretty blue bowl. That night we also ate our dinner on a rooftop (on one of the white houses in the first picture).
There were so many stray cats in our area too, they had special feeding areas where they would all hang out - we even saw about 9 altogether! 

The food was amazing as usual, I think my favourite meal was either chicken souvlaki or mini pork fillets. I also had a chocolate souffle on the last night - it was so rich but so yummy! Speaking of food, they also sold some on the beach and so one day I had a doughnut! I ended up covered in sugar but it was definitely worth it.

Overall, I really enjoyed myself and am missing it already - I just want to go back again and again!
Have you ever been to Greece? What did you like about it?

14 comments:

  1. Aww, you seem to have had a lovely trip! I have never been to Greece and so far didn't even have an idea of how nice it is! I would love to go there

    Isabela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! Looks like you had a really lovely time:) xx

    hollllisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your so lucky it looks so beautiful and you sound like you had so much fun! Love all your outfits and the cats thing sounds amazing, 9 together?!

    Imogen <3
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you, and yeah the cat thing was crazy! x

      Delete
  4. Looks so lovely, I hope you had an amazing time! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had an amazing time! Great photos xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great trip. I hate it when flights get delayed, so annnoying.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like you had an amazing time! cant believe how you coped in that heat, i couldnt have!

    lovely blog!

    followed on bloglovin

    Sophie | fashionslave.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im planning to go to Greece next summer hopefully! It looks amazing there!

    Nice blog, i followed on bloglovin

    http://themidnightpearl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I hope you have a nice time if you go! :) x

      Delete
  9. Ooh, Greece is definitely one of the top places on my list of "Must Travel To" countries! Everything looks so beautiful!

    xx
    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh Greece is lovely! Looks like you had a fab time, great pictures =]

    Aysha x
    outletjunkie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so beautiful, I love Greece !

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW !!! That looks like an amazing trip ! Jealous !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig