Sunday, 20 October 2013

Bourjois Happy Light Foundation Review

Last weekend I went shopping, and ended up purchasing Bourjois' newest foundation - Happy Light. I've been using it for at least a week now, so I thought it was time to share my thoughts so far.

I should start by saying that I'm a big lover of everything Bourjois, especially their Healthy Mix Serum, so I had high hopes for the Happy Light foundation. I picked it up in their lightest shade, 50, which after swatching seemed like it would match me. It's not a perfect match by any means, but with a little bit of blending it's absolutely fine. I have to say I was a bit confused by the colour though, because I have number 52 in their Healthy Mix Serum, which actually seems a bit lighter than this. So if you are thinking of buying this, make sure you swatch it in the store and don't just judge by previous shades you've had!

Coverage wise, I'd probably say it's medium, which is perfect for me. Compared to the Healthy Mix Serum, I'd say it has slightly higher coverage and definitely gives a more matte finish. However, I wouldn't be put off if you don't usually like matte foundations, as it still gives a nice healthy glow to the skin. It doesn't glide over my dry patches as well as the Healthy Mix Serum does, but at the same time it doesn't obviously highlight them or anything either. 
Overall, I think it's a great foundation! For me, it doesn't quite top the Healthy Mix Serum (so at the moment I'm mixing the two together), but I've still really enjoyed using it and it would be great for people with combination - oily skin.

Have you tried this foundation? What do you think of it?

8 comments:

  1. This sounds perfect for my skin type, I really want to try this! x


    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the review, i think i'm gonna check this out as it doesn't seem too expensive! just saw your tweet as well so i'm following you now! i'd love it if you checked out my blog!

    love Katy @ THE RAWRDROBE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on an introductory offer at the moment too! :) x

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many good things about this foundation. I have to give it a try.

    http://embellished001.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard loads of great things about this tbh, I want to give it a go!

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. This foundation applies beautifully with a beauty blender! I have written a full review of a dupe beauty blender on my blog! Emily x

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought this and so excited to use it! sounds like it will be good for me as I have the same shade as you and combination skin :)

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig