Thursday, 24 October 2013

How I Deal With Frizzy & Unruly Hair

I would describe my hair type as dry, damaged and unruly. It's curly if I let it dry naturally, but not in a manageable way, and if I blow dry it, it's wavy and super frizzy. It's also very thick and hard to manage, and so I'm constantly on the lookout for products to tame it. Here are some of my favourite products that help do this!

Firstly, conditioner is a must. I don't particularly mind what shampoo I use (although one for stopping frizz is preferable), but I always make sure I condition to help keep my hair healthy. I really like this Dove Daily Care one - it makes my hair feel lovely and smooth and is also reasonably priced. If I want something more heavy duty, I'll use the Tresemme Keratin Hair Mask. I'll leave it on for a few minutes, or longer if my hair is particularly damaged, and it makes such a difference! I've talked about it more here if you're interested.

I also make sure I have a few decent hair sprays to set any up dos, but also just for a general spritz to keep away frizz. I've been trialing the Tresemme Freeze Hold one, but I also like a couple others by Lee Stafford and L'Oreal. I also really like to use the Lee Stafford Poker Straight Dehumidifier after straightening my hair, as I find it helps keep my hair straight and less frizzy for longer. Lastly, I also like to have a few lighter treatments that I can use on dry hair throughout the week (though I think you can also use them on wet hair). My favourite is the Pantene Split End Serum, because my hair is quite damaged from heat styling and this helps to protect the ends and keep my hair feeling healthy. I also like the Superdrug Coconut Oil, and at such a cheap price, you can't go wrong!

What are your favourite hair products? Have you tried any of these?

8 comments:

  1. LOVE Tresemme so much, the products are so fab.

    Emma from http://www.masqueradebelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Tresemme mask is one of my faves, works so well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Coconut oil too, it really works well smoothing out my hair! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic post! I've got the same hair as you and I love Coconut Oil for it as well. I also love a smoothing lotion for after I've showered and put through a leave in treatment. Toni & Guy do a great one :)


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pantene syrup sounds like something I need. The ends of my hair have seen better days.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking of trying out the Tresemme Keratin Smooth mask for a while - I haven't tried anything from their keratin smooth range but I might have to give it a go! Nice to hear I'm not the only one battling frizz!

    www.beautibop.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. gotta love a bit of coconut oil! I haven't tried the keratin smooth, it looks really good though xx
    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig