Tuesday, 29 October 2013

October Favourites

You probably know by now that I'm not very good at keeping up with my monthly favourites, but this month - as I'm currently on holiday - I've had more time to blog and so I thought I'd show you what I've been loving recently. I haven't been trying out a lot of new beauty products this month, so I've thrown in some other random favourites too!

I'm a bit of a bookworm at heart, and my favourite read this month has been The Bunker Diary. We had to read it for literary society at school, but I'm really glad we did as I loved it! It's very gripping and faced paced, and I sped through it. I'm not going to go into detail about the plot, but if you're after a new book to read I'd definitely recommend this! My music favourite of the month is James Blunt's new single, Bonfire Heart. If you haven't listened to it already, please do - it's such a beautiful song! And my last random favourite is a food one - and it's chocolate biscuits! In particular, Fox's Crinkles. I thought normal chocolate digestives were good, but trust me - these are so much better!

Onto some more beauty related favourites, my first one is my reliable Vera Wang Princess perfume. This bottle has lasted me a good year or so (I'm pretty sure if you dig around my blog I've mentioned it before in the past), and now it's finally starting to run out. I'm awful at describing scents so I'm not going to, but if you're looking for a new everyday perfume then I'd give this a whirl! I also have a couple of nail polish favourites this month. They're both fairly new - the first is a black nail polish by Bourjois in the shade Noir de Chine. I love black nails at this time of year, it's such a classic look! I also like wearing colour though, and one of my favourites is a L'Oreal polish in the colour Blue Reef. There's just something so elegant about this green-blue colour that I can't get enough of!

I've been wearing a bit more eye shadow recently too, and as I have fairly oily eyelids I have to put on some kind of base or primer before, and for me the MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study is perfect! It keeps my eye shadow on all day and also adds a nice bit of glitter if I'm wearing a matte shade. Lastly, my favourite piece of jewellery of the month is my new necklace from Asos. At £8 it was a bargain, and I love that it's quite simple and plain as it means it goes with everything!

And that's it! What have you been loving this month?

13 comments:

  1. I need a new black nail polish, so will definitely check good old Bourjois out :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - the loral polish is a gorgeous shade x

    Heather @ Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song and the perfume. I use it super sparingly because I don't want to run out of it :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of Bare Study, so beautiful! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it that you've featured the biscuit :) I want one now... x

    www.beths1986.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. That song is so catchy, and the book definitely looks really interesting too! Those nail colours are so gorgeous too.

    Imogen ♡
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the nail polish shade, Sophie!:-)
    I work in the perfume shop and Vera Wang's 'Princess' is still a popular one!

    lovely post:-)
    zofia xo
    littlemisspradaxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I'm not trying those biscuits - if they're better than normal chocolate digestives, I don't need to know! The necklace is gorgeous x

    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  9. the blue nail varnish is lush :) xx

    make-up-your-mindx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig