Sunday, 10 November 2013

Brand of the Moment: Bourjois

Bourjois is one of my all time favourite drugstore make-up brands, and one that recently I've been loving a lot, and so I thought I would share some of my favourite products of theirs with you.

Colour Boost Lip Crayon: Lip crayons were a huge hit this year, and so when Bourjois released their take on them, I couldn't resist giving them a go. I only picked up one shade - Peach on the Beach - but I absolutely love it and am definitely thinking of purchasing the other colours too. The pigmentation is great, and they're a lot glossier than those from other brands, which I really like. I'd definitely recommend them if you're a big lip crayon lover like me!

Healthy Mix Serum: Of course I couldn't not include this blogger favourite! This is my current go-to foundation and I love it! I've spoken about it in more depth here, but in a nut shell - it is fairly dewy, it provides light-medium coverage (but you can build it up) and overall it gives a lovely flawless finish to the skin.

Cream Blush: This was also released this year and went down well with bloggers, and I definitely agree that it's a great product. I picked up the shade 02 (at least I think so, as a lot of the packaging has rubbed off!) and it's a gorgeous, natural pink shade. I like using this with a stippling brush as I think this gives the best finish.

Java Rice Powder*: This is the newest Bourjois product to be added to my collection, and I've been testing it out for the past couple of weeks. For one, the packaging is to die for and immediately got me excited about using it, and the product itself is just as good! It's a super pretty highlighting powder, but I prefer to use it simply as a highlighter. The smell is quite strong, however that doesn't really bother me. Overall, I think it's a great product and I'd definitely recommend it!

Happy Light Foundation: This is one of the latest releases from Bourjois and I have already reviewed it here, so I'll try to keep this short! This foundation has a more matte finish than the Healthy Mix Serum, which I really like but my skin is slightly drier than usual at the moment, so instead of using it on its own I prefer to mix it with the Healthy Mix one. But overall, I think Bourjois bases are some of the best on the high street!

So Laque! Nail Polishes: Bourjois nail polishes are some of my favourites, especially their So Laque! ones. I have two colours - Noir de Chine and Bleu Fabuleux. My favourite thing about these is the brushes - they're quite thick which means I can cover my whole nail in one stroke, and also the formula is great too. The only thing I did find is that Bleu Fabuleux chipped fairly quickly, but other than that I love them!

What are your favourite Bourjois products?

10 comments:

  1. Great post - I love Bourjois too! I can't wait to try out their cream blushes as I've heard lots of good stuff about them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really want to try out the healthy mix serum, sounds so good!
    elizabethsophiee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All good choices, I love Bourjois as a brand. I still need to try out the Colour Boost Lip Crayons though!

    Louisa's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really want to try the Riz powder, it sounds so good! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to always use bourjois I loved the chocolate bronzer so pretty x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    GLAMGLOW + Macadamia Oil Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did a swap recently and got to try a few bourjois products and definitely want to try more from the brand. Unfortunately we can't get much in the US.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. You have a great one Nd I'm a new follower now!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color boosts are my fav bourjois products at the moment :) Love your blog!

    xo Mel
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Positivity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I really like the vintage style packaging for that rice powder! I might have to get it for myself. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging!

    www.deareux.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig