Sunday 4 May 2014

Tips for White Teeth

This post is going to be about something a little bit different today - teeth! I'm sure - like me - many of you are on a hunt to get whiter teeth, and I also generally want to just be better with my dental hygiene. So recently I took a trip to the dentist and hygienist, all in one day (yes that is as every bit as fun as it sounds), and since then I've picked up a few tips for looking after your teeth and whitening them.

Brush: Obviously, you need to brush your teeth - twice a day is fine, or three if you're feeling like you want an extra clean. I've also recently switched from a manual to an electric toothbrush - you can find them on Amazon for around £25, or you can splash out around £100 for a fancier one. Personally, I think they give a much deeper clean, and I'd definitely recommend them!

Floss: One of the tips my hygienist gave me was to floss! I did already do it but not enough - now I've gotten into the habit of doing it morning and night and honestly, it really does improve your hygiene so much.

Whiten: This is probably the trickiest part, as I know everybody is searching for a quick and cheap at-home whitening method, but it's often hard to find. I've been using the Blanx LED whitening treatment - you use it as a daily toothpaste and then follow up with a LED light, plus you can use it as a more intensive treatment too. So far I haven't noticed any huge improvement, but to be honest I haven't really been using it regularly enough. I'll keep you posted on how it works out. I also recommend trying to avoid sweet and salty junk foods as much as possible, as these are probably what have stained my teeth the most (as well as having braces for ages which didn't help). Other whitening methods that I've heard of but haven't tried include Crest whitening strips, natural whiteners like strawberries or baking soda and also coconut oil (which was talked about here). 

Those are all my tips for looking after your teeth - I'd love to hear anything you've picked up on in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. This was so helpful, thank you very much! I haven't really tried witening my teeth, I did buy a whitening set but it wasn't all that great :-(

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Yeah, not all of them are great - apparently the Crest whitening strips are the best! x

      Delete
  2. Love your tips! I am always trying to whiten my teeth but get so lazy with things like flossing! x


    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD | ASOS or Feelunique £25 Voucher Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, but once you get into the habit it's really easy to keep it up! :) x

      Delete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig