Sunday 9 March 2014

10 Things That Make Me Happy

I thought I'd do something a little bit different today in the form of the 10 Things That Make Me Happy tag! I've seen this floating around a bit and I've really enjoyed reading other people's - so here's my version!

1. Mix tapes and CD's - recently my friend and I exchanged CD's with a mix of some of our favourite songs on, and it was so much fun listening to hers.

2. Writing letters - I absolutely love writing letters, and I feel like people don't do it enough these days! I've loved writing to my penpal, Kate recently - it makes me really happy after a long day of school when I see that a new letter has arrived.

3. My kitties - This probably sounds lame, but who doesn't love cats?! I have quite a few and I'm such an animal lover - they definitely cheer me up sometimes!

4. Writing in my 'good times' jar - This year, I've decided to write down any good memories and pop them in a jar. I heard lots of people doing this in 2013 but I never got round to it myself, so I thought this year was the perfect time. So far, my jar is already quite full - I can't wait to read them all at the end of the year!

5. Biscuits - Mmm, I do love biscuits - especially Fox's chocolate chip ones. Sooo yummy.

6. Everything American - As much as I love being British, I also love everything American. American TV shows are some of my favourites - right now I love PLL, Teen Wolf, Arrow, Vampire Diaries and Reign. I also love American youtubers!

7. Thinking about university - As stressful as this can be, it excites me so much when I think about going to uni next year - I love looking up courses (despite being very conflicted between PR and biology) and browsing different university sites, maybe I'm just a nerd but I can't wait to go!

8. Bloggy friends - One of the big benefits of blogging is the friends you make! I've met so many lovely people at various meet ups - Thalia is someone I consider a real friend now, and I also ended up finding out that the lovely Tallulah lives super close to me after she bumped into me at my work - crazy coincidence!

9. Blue skies - The little things really do make me happy - for instance when it's a lovely sunny day and the sky is that perfect blue colour, it really lifts my mood!

10. Painting - As I do art a-level, painting is something I have to do quite often, and luckily I love it! Painting on a really big scale with music blasting is my idea of heaven!

And that's everything! I tag anybody who wants to do this post, and feel free to link your versions in the comments. What makes you happy?

6 comments:

  1. Really good list. It's surprising how happy a blue sky (especially at the moment) can make me too and it's such a little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a memory jar too and I'm loving filling it up! It really makes you appreciate the little things in day to day life too!
    I need to make more mix CDs and write more letters to people, they make me happy too. Great post hun!

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a jar just like you! i filled it up last year and it is so rewarding to open and see all the memories, I'm sure you will love it too! Blue sky is definitely suitable for this weekend. I'm not sure what it's like where you are but here (in Southampton) the weather has been beautiful :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I can't wait to open it! Yes, weather is great here too! :) x

      Delete
  4. Loved this post Sophie, I love my cat too!

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue skies make me happy too- they just lift my mood by a million per cent!

    Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig