Tuesday 15 July 2014

What's in my Airport Bag?

So the other day on Twitter, I asked what you guys wanted to see as my next post - and a few of you said you wanted to see what was in my airport bag. As you may or may not know - tomorrow I'm heading off to Greece for a week. It's somewhere my family and I go to quite a bit and I absolutely love it there. Obviously I won't be posting whilst I'm away, but content will resume once I'm back.

I generally tend to stuff as much as I can into my airport/carry on bag because I like to have lots of options for things to do. I always have a book on hand to read - at the moment I'm about to start Lord of the Flies! I obviously bring my phone, my purse from River Island, as well as my camera - I will be bringing my little pink one that's a bit old and naff now, as well as the one I was using to take this picture (my Canon EOS M). I haven't included it in the photo, but I'll probably end up buying a magazine at the airport too. And I threw in my glasses, just in case!

As for make-up, I usually put the majority of what I need into my suitcase because it's liquids, but I do bring a few things in case I want to touch up on the plane. I chose my Rimmel Stay Matte powder (such an essential), as well as my Maybelline Fit Me concealer and Colour Sensational lip gloss. For the powder, I like to bring a small, compact brush - so I popped in one from Zoeva. A couple of other things - a mascara, of course, my favourite at the moment being the Max Factor False Lash Effect. I also love my Blistex lip balm. 

I don't do much to my hair on the journey, but I do like to bring my Tangle Teezer as well as some kind of spray - I love the Lee Stafford Dehumidifier. Another essential for the plane is a mirror, and maybe some hair grips or hair bands in case I want to tie up my hair if it's hot. Skincare wise - I'm not one of those girls who goes all out with face masks etc, but I do like to have a thermal water spray to refresh on the plane - this one from Vichy is really nice, although it will actually have to go in my suitcase as it's too big! My hands can get quite dry on the plane so I always bring a hand cream - the Soap & Glory Hand Food is an old favourite. And finally, I sometimes bring a snack because I can often get hungry - and these Nature Valley breakfast bars are really good.

And that's everything! I hope you all enjoyed this post, and let me know what you bring in your airport bag in the comments below.

9 comments:

  1. Lord Of The Flies is one of my favourites! Have a great holiday.
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Your purse is so pretty :)

    Style Sunrise

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lip balm and a facial spray are musts for me on a plane. I also like a bit of concealer in case my makeup smudges if I manage to fall asleep.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the lipgloss, what shade is that one? xx

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely bearing this post in mind when I go on holiday in August! Such a great post
    x

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so similar to what I take on flights :) Great post!
    - C
    http://claudineconverses.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely post, really fun to see what others pack.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lord of the Flies! I take pretty much the same, hand cream is a must! I hate the dry feeling of my skin on planes...Hope you had a fantastic time away in Greece!

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog - Travel, Lifestyle and Fashion xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig